Web Hosting Talk Insider – Communication is the key to success

Hello Fellow WHTers!
Communication is the key to success


Dennis (aka SoftWareRevue) is away on family business this week, so I'm writing this issue of The WHT Insider.

I was away myself last week on family business. Most of you wouldn't be aware that I have a very large family in the island state of Tasmania (which is over 5 hours flying time away from where I am).

While I was there, I received contact from an old friend of my immediate family (who knew I was travelling), and she asked if I had any stopover time in Melbourne. I told her the estimated time of arrival in Melbourne and what time I left for the last leg of my trip home. She said she would ask her daughter if she would drive her to the airport. That was the last contact I had from her before I left Tasmania, so I wasn't sure if they were going to make it.

When I arrived in Melbourne, I glanced over the sea of faces that were waiting for my fellow passengers but didn't see anyone who resembled my two friends that I hadn't seen in about 20 years. I hung around in that area for a few minutes and then went to check in for my home flight. That killed about an hour of my waiting time. When there was only an hour left to boarding time, I started making my way to the departure area. With about 300 more metres to go, I spotted a blonde woman with a big grin on her face coming towards me and I immediately recognised her as the daughter of my friend. She led me back to where she had left her Mum and there we sat chatting until I was due to board the aircraft.

With better communication I would have known for sure they were coming but might be a little late. I would have waited in arrivals for them and we could have spent nearly 3 hours together instead of just the one! Communication is the key to the success of personal relationships as well as in business.

Dennis should be back on board for the next WHT Insider, so I'll leave you now to browse our featured threads. You can also follow us @WebHostingTalk.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ